Car Accident Cases

You’ve most likely experienced a minor car accident in which you exchange information with the other driver and let the insurance companies take care of the rest. But when you’re involved in a major car accident caused by the negligence of another driver, with serious damage and injuries, you need an attorney to look out for your best interests.

What should I do if I am involved in a car accident?

If you are involved in a car accident there are a few things that you should make sure you do first:

  1. Stay calm
  2. Check for Injuries and seek medical attention if necessary
  3. Call the police
  4. Exchange information with the other driver
  5. Write down what happened
  6. Take pictures of the scene
  7. Get witness information
  8. Do not admit guilt or assign blame

Why do I need a car accident lawyer?

If you’re involved in a fender-bender, you and the other driver may be able to quickly resolve the issue on your own. But many car accidents are caused by more extreme driver negligence, such as driving under the influence (DUI) of drugs or alcohol, reckless driving and speeding, and flagrant violation of traffic laws.

Unfortunately, insurance companies are often looking for the fastest settlement, which doesn’t necessarily mean that your complete current and future medical and financial needs are taken into account. The insurance company representing the negligent driver wants to protect its profits, which may mean that you’re offered less compensation than you deserve.

Sometimes it takes a while to determine the full extent of damage and injuries. Recovery may take longer than you think, with long-term impacts to your ability to do your job and live a normal life. We’ll help you understand your options so you can put your life back together.

Our car accident procedures ensure that you receive proper compensation for:

  • Hospital bills
  • Medical care
  • Recovery (like physical therapy)
  • Lost wages (now and in the future)
  • Long term pain and suffering

What are my next steps?

After calling the police and seeking medical attention, call us before you talk to the other driver’s insurance company. Scot Kraeuter will help prove the other driver’s responsibility and make sure you receive the maximum compensation for your medical expenses, long-term recovery, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We’re always available to meet with you. Reach out to us for a free consultation today or call us at 912-349-9500.